dBm-ACS is a proprietary ACS designed for the VALIDATION of a CPE
dBm069-ACS is 100% conforms with TR-069. Therefore it gives the possibility to validate the TR-069 functioning of a CPE without the need of accessing a commercial ACS.
dBm069-ACS, being an ACS particularly designed with the purpose of testing, shows some advantages vs using a commercial one, as for example:
- The control of dBm069-ACS is done in real time. When using a commercial ACS, requests or responses may be postponed depending on the workload or configuration.
- In a commercial ACS the type of control will depend on the commands that the NBI interface has implemented, some ACS do not allow sending a Connection Request at any time or obtaining the HTTP / SOAP messages exchanged between the ACS and the CPE (in the case of NOKIA-ACS, it allows this, although the HTTP request / response cannot be read).
- dBm069-Engine has absolute control over dBm069-ACS allowing you to completely modify its behavior, for example:
- You can modify the XML prefixes in SOAP messages.
- You can define the type of response from the ACS to the CPE depending on the RPC executed.
- It allows to obtain more information and make more complex test cases:
- Reading the authentication type used by the CPE and the HTTP headers.
- Capturing packets on the CPE WAN side and save them in the test plan executed without using proprietary CPE methods.
- Credentials can be modified during the execution of a test case.
- Many more.
However, if you want to run VALIDATION tests against your deployed ACS we can offer you:
- if you use Nokia ACS, we have developed dBm069-MOT which will allow to make the same tests than with dBm069-ACS and provide full warranty of INTEROPERABILITY between CPE and ACS.
- if you use a different commercial ACS, we can develope an interface to allow communication with your ACS.